Saturday, June 2, 2007

From Metal to Spirit...



I step into the templeroom, immediately enveloped by fragrant smoke from the fire sacrifice. And there They are: Chota Gaura Nitai. Lord Chaitanya and Lord Nityananda are dressed all in white, cloths covering Their eyes… but not Their smiles. The priest chants Vedic mantras while Kalindi sings an entrancing kirtan. I gaze at Gaura Nitai through the flames of the fire, captivated by Their forms.

Then Kalindi turns around to grin at me, her gorgeous eyes glinting. “You’re next,” she mouths. I laugh and scoot forward to join her. When I start another kirtan, I meditate on what’s going on, right now. Here I am, witnessing the instillation of these fascinating Deities. Thank you, Gaura Nitai, for allowing me to serve You.

Summer adventures have officially begun.

No comments:


To write is to dare the soul. So write.